What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website, or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience. When do we collect information? We collect information from you when you subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form or enter information on our site. Provide us with feedback on our products or services.
While availing our services, on the basis of engagement and services, PII may be collected as per the documented and agreed scope of work per the contract in place.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other site feature.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email, or phone inquiries)
How do we protect your information?
At Akorbi, we consider information security as an integral part of our services and day to day business activities. Akorbi is an Information Security Committed, HIPAA Compliant and an ISO 27001:2013 certified organization. Our website and other IT systems are scanned on a regular basis for security loopholes and known vulnerabilities to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. We use regular Malware Scanning. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies?
Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf. You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, some features will be disabled. It won’t affect the user’s experience that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly. However, you will still be able to place orders.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en, We have not enabled Google AdSense on our site, but we may do so in the future.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
Fair Information Practices:
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information. In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur: We will notify you via email • Within 7 business days We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act:
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations. We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at
- Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation):
This Regulation lays down rules relating to the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and rules relating to the free movement of personal data. This Regulation protects fundamental rights and freedoms of natural persons and in particular their right to the protection of personal data. The free movement of personal data within the Union shall be neither restricted nor prohibited for reasons connected with the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data.
Automated Decision Making:
Akorbi may use technology which tracks your use of our website and your interactions with us, and which helps us to build a profile of your preferred products and information requests. If we do this, what this means for you is that you are more likely to receive offers and information that are tailored to your specific preferences, based on your previous profile activity.
If we use automated decision making in respect of any specific service or product and such automated decision making produces legal effects concerning data subjects or similarly significantly affects them, we will provide information required by applicable laws in respect of such automated decision making.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We will delete your personal information when we no longer need such personal information, for instance where:
- it is no longer necessary for us to retain your personal information to fulfill the purposes for which we had collected it;
- we believe that your personal information that we hold is inaccurate; or
- in certain cases where you have informed us that you no longer consent to our processing of your personal information.
- there are legal or regulatory requirements which may require us to retain your personal information for a specified period, and in such cases we will retain your personal information for such specified period; and
- we may need to retain your personal information for certain longer periods for product liability purposes or in relation to legal disputes, and in such cases we will retain it for such longer periods to the extent required.
Note that we may retain some limited information about you even when we know that you have left the organization that you represent, so that we can maintain a continuous relationship with you if and when we are in contact with you again, representing a different organization.
What are your rights?
You have the following rights (subject to applicable local laws) in relation to the personal information that we hold about you:
- to access your personal information, and some related information, under relevant data protection law;
- to require any inaccurate personal information to be corrected or deleted;
- to object to our use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes at any time and you may have the right to object to our processing of some or all of your personal information (and require them to be deleted) in some other circumstances.
- to require us to delete your personal information in certain circumstances;
- to require us to restrict or block the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances (when processing is restricted, we can still store your personal information, but may not use it further);
- to obtain from us your personal information, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format in certain circumstances. Further, you may have the right to require us to transmit your personal information directly to another person (for instance a new provider) where it is technically feasible to do so; and
- where we are processing your personal information based on your consent to such processing, to withdraw your consent at any time.
Further information and advice about your rights can be obtained from the data protection regulator in your country.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights (subject to applicable local laws) or have complaints about our processing of your personal information, please contact us as set out below. You can also lodge a complaint about our processing of your personal information with the body regulating data protection in your country.
If you have any questions and requests regarding this privacy statement or our processing of personal information, you may contact our Data protection regulator or send us email.
Email id: email@example.com
Contact number: 1-214-256-9222
Changes to this policy:
June 09, 2023