Claudia P. Mirza
CEO and Co-Founder
- About Claudia
- Awards and Honors
- Giving Back
- Meet Claudia
As Akorbi’s visionary and tireless CEO and co-founder, Claudia Mirza has led the company’s impressive evolution from a language translation company to a global provider of multilingual business solutions, including staffing, contact centers, global marketing, e-Learning and much more. What started as a home-based translation business in 2003 has flourished under her leadership into an award-winning, fast-growing, international company with approximately 930 full-time and part-time employees.
Claudia’s leadership has led Akorbi to become the 12th fastest-growing women-owned/led company in the world, according to the Women Presidents’ Organization. It has also become the fastest-growing provider of translation, localization and interpreting services in the U.S. and globally, according to independent market research firm Common Sense Advisory’s 2014-2015 growth figures.
Claudia’s success and business savvy have garnered her interviews by leading business media such as Forbes and Fortune, as well as local media such as The Dallas Morning News and Dallas Business Journal, just to name a few. It has also led to countless awards and recognitions (listed below) that highlight her impressive success as the leader of a fast-growing, woman-owned company. In addition, it secured her elite participation in the EY Entrepreneurial Winning Women, which includes only 12 of the most successful female entrepreneurs in the country.
Claudia is extremely active in the localization industry and is highly respected by her peers. Her commitment to the industry has been recognized nationally and internationally, securing her speaking engagements at industry conferences such as LocWorld Silicon Valley. She is highly committed to supporting the industry and helping other business owners succeed by freely sharing her keys to success.
- U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce – 2016 Business Woman of the Year
- Inc. 5000 – ranked #501 with 758% growth
- Women Presidents’ Organization 12th Fastest-Growing Woman-Owned/Led company
- Quality & Excellence Empire Builder award from The Greater Dallas Hispanic Chamber
- Dallas 100 46th fastest-growing company
- NFL Hispanic Heritage Leadership Award from the Dallas Cowboys & Telemundo 39
- 2015 EY Entrepreneurial Winning Women
- 26th largest woman-owned company in D/FW according to the Dallas Business Journal
- Immigrant Entrepreneur Award
- 30th fastest-growing women-owned/led companies according to the Women Presidents’ Organization
- “Enterprising Women of the Year” award from Enterprising Women magazine.
- “Minority Business Leader” award from the Dallas Business Journal
- “La Cima Latina Leader” award from The Greater Dallas Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- “Entrepreneur of the Year” award from Latina Style
- “Women in Business” award from the Dallas Business Journal
- “Minority/Women Business Enterprise” award from The Greater Dallas Hispanic Chamber
- “Latina Achievement” award from the Assoc. of Latin Professionals in Accounting & Finance
- “Women of Color Achievement” award from The 100 Black Men of Greater Dallas/Fort Worth
- “Top 40 under 40” from the Dallas Business Journal
- “Community Hero” nomination from the Metroplex Technology Business Council
- “Woman-Owned Business Enterprise of the Year” by the North Texas Regional Certification Agency
- Fort Worth Mayor’s “Entrepreneur Award”
- “Micro-entrepreneur of the Year” by Wachovia and ACCION Texas
- Dorothy B. Brothers scholarship
Akorbi’s employees and friends are helping build a house for an orphan girl in the Dominican Republic
Akorbi is helping to raise funds to build a new home for an 11-year-old girl in the Dominican Republic with a terminal illness. We found out about her through one of our team members who connected us with the orphanage, La Casa Rosada in Santo Domingo. They help children with this illness get the support, medical care and shelter they need. You can help by donating gently used clothing and shoes to La Casa Rosada or by going to this donation page.
Akorbi gives back to Ronald McDonald House Charities
Ronald McDonald House Charities is a charity that is dear to Claudia and Azam Mirza’s hearts as well as the hearts of several Akorbi team members. This charity provides a “home-away-from-home” for families so they can stay close to their hospitalized child at little or no cost. The Akorbi family is proud to support other families in need.
Most of you know Claudia Mirza as the CEO and co-founder of Akorbi, but did you also know she is a student, mother, mentor and philanthropist?
This year, Claudia enrolled in Harvard’s Owner/President Management (OPM) Program. This is a 3-year program with 143 global business owners, which is focused on corporate growth, leadership expertise, and financial success.
Anyone who has ever met Claudia knows she has a huge heart for people, especially her family. As a globe-trotting, CEO and entrepreneur, Claudia works hard to balance the demands of both the business, as well as her two boys.
Claudia is passionate about helping children with special needs because her child was in critical health at birth. She supports orphanages and The Ronald McDonald House Charities.
It could be argued that Claudia’s greatest contribution to Akorbi is the mentorship and encouragement she provides fellow women and working mothers at Akorbi. She is passionate about lifting women up and supporting them so they feel they can succeed at motherhood and in their careers. Outside Akorbi, Claudia loves to travel the world and inspire women by sharing her entrepreneurial lessons learned.
Azam A. Mirza
President and Co-Founder
Azam Mirza brings enthusiasm and expertise to his role as Akorbi’s president and co-founder. His commitment to innovative development has distinguished him as a business leader. He is responsible for strategy development and daily business operations, as well as technical initiatives for Akorbi’s comprehensive localization and translation services. Leading a network of global professionals, he has helped clients in multiple industries consistently achieve their business objectives. Through Azam’s unique blend of business and technology prowess, Akorbi has evolved into a premier global provider of localization and translation services.
Azam’s extensive management and technical background includes experience in several vertical sectors including insurance, medical, systems security, finance, human resources, government, real estate and energy. He is well versed in enterprise technology architecture, system design and implementation. He has held leadership roles for a variety of technology programs for Cap Gemini Ernst & Young, Regus Management Group and ENSCO International. He has also managed national security projects for CACI, the Department of Defense and the National BioDynamics Laboratory.
Azam holds a Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of New Orleans, with a focus on neural networks and routing algorithms. He also secured a Bachelor’s degree from Osmania University in Hyderabad, India. He is a graduate of Southern Methodist University’s Corporate Leadership Program.
Azam is a self-proclaimed workaholic, but when he is not working on making Akorbi an industry-leader, he loves spending time with his family. He has two young boys who enjoy basketball and superheroes. With his family, he shares his passion for breeding, training and racing thoroughbred horses.
Azam also enjoys giving back and supporting organizations like the Ronald McDonald House charities and the North Texas Food Bank because of how much they do to help families in need and sick children. He also pays for the college education of deserving students in India and Colombia, the countries he and his wife Claudia immigrated from.