How Akorbi Gives Back To Our Community
At Akorbi, our mission is to build compassionate human connections. We do that through our vision of becoming the sustainable partner for companies seeking to increase their global or diverse market position through innovation, language, and people. However, that vision goes further than just business. We are compassionate and we operate with integrity, not just in the workplace but in our community. Here are a few ways that we bring our vision to the community.
Donating Our Time
At Akorbi, we believe that community involvement is more than just donating resources or finances. We want our employees to have boots on the ground, putting in the legwork required to make our community the best it can be. We do this through many outlets. Akorbi serves on local boards, such as the Greater Dallas Hispanic Chamber of Commerce and the Plan fund. We also volunteer with groups such as Groom-Elite, which teaches non-English-speaking horsemen how to work and make a living in the racing industry.
We also believe that investing time into people is what makes a community great. Akorbi mentors the owners of small minority/women-owned businesses and helps children with Lymphatic Malformation or other severe conditions.
Donating Our Resources
While our time is valuable, our resources are too. Our mentoring of business owners and our involvement with Groom-Elite include passing our own talents and resources into these people to help them become successful in their respective vocations. We also support the elderly and people in extreme poverty through both our financial giving and through resources that help bring people out of poverty. We also continue to support the Ronald McDonald House.
Donating Our Finances
Donating time and resources are great ways to invest in a community, but the donation of finances is something that not only helps the organizations we donate to but also challenges us as human beings. Akorbi support organizations that fund orphanages in poor countries, as well as donating funds to organizations dedicated to extreme hunger.
Specifically, we support organizations like the Dallas Food Bank, which is a top-ranked relief organization that provides over 190,000 meals every day to children, seniors, and families in North Texas. We also support the Parker Lee Project, which supplies and equipment for special needs children who might not be covered by insurance.
Join Akorbi In Supporting Your Community
Akorbi is proud to support our community in the Dallas-metro area, but our clients are spread out across the nation and across the globe. We want you to get involved with your community and find places that need your support. For more information on Akorbi and what we do, give us a call at 1-877-425-6724 or visit our Contact Us page.
- Historically serving on local Boards such as the Greater Dallas Hispanic Chamber of Commerce or the Plan Fund
- Volunteering with groups such as Groom-Elite, which teaches non-English-speaking horsemen how to work and make a living in the racing industry
- Devoting resources to organizations such as The People Fund, which grants new business loans to disadvantaged entrepreneurs
- Mentoring the owners of small minority/women-owned businesses
- Supporting organizations such as the Ronald McDonald House
- Helping families whose children have Lymphatic Malformation conditions or other severe conditions
- Donating funds to the Parker Lee Project, a non-profit organization focused on providing medical supplies to people without insurance
- Supporting the Dallas Food Bank with monthly funds
- Supporting elders or people in extreme poverty
- Giving personal donations to the hungry
- Donating funds to orphanages in poor countries