If you want to run a successful international business, localization should be a key part of your content strategy. But what is localization? Why is it important? And how can it help fuel your company’s international growth strategy? At Akorbi, our expertise is in assisting organizations in tackle these types of challenges. Let’s take a look at the answers to these questions below.
Related post: Top Issues for Content Moderation As a Translation Service
Statistics that demonstrate the importance of localization for the Asian market
Localizing content for Asian languages is the process of adapting your content for a specific market and consumers in Asian countries. Well-executed localization will ensure that your company can establish influence within Asian markets. Not only does it make your brand stand out from the competition, but it also ensures that your message for the target market is clear and that you keep their interest.
Consequently, if your goal is to expand and grow business in Asian markets, localizing content for Asian languages will fuel your international growth strategy by catering to the needs of foreign customers.
To help you further understand the necessity of localizing content for Asian languages, here are some thought-provoking statistics:
- 53.4% of the world’s internet users are located in Asia
- More than half of all Google queries are performed in a language other than English
- About 989 million people in China have internet access, compared to roughly 300 million internet users in the U.S.
- China accounts for about 50% of app downloads across iOS and Android.
- 65% of people with high proficiency in English still prefer content in their native language.
- About 40% of users won’t buy from websites that aren’t in their native language.
Localizing content for Asian languages: 3 crucial steps
If you’re ready to boost your international growth strategy by localizing content for Asian languages, generally speaking, here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Determine the predominant languages that your target market speaks. In Asia, consumers may speak several different languages, such as Mandarin, Hindi, Persian, Malay, Bangla, or Arabic. To get a better idea of localizing content, it’s best to know what languages your target market will communicate.
- Partner with translation/language services experts. Although localizing content for international growth does involve translation, the process goes beyond that. Your organization will need to adapt in multiple ways, including complying with the Chinese user interface, meeting local quality and functionality standards, adapting to the local calendar, and more. A skilled language services organization can help you adjust to the Asian market in a variety of ways.
- Set up different social media channels for each language. Localizing social media content can be messy, so it’s often best to set up various social pages for each language or country where you have operations.
Related post: How Multimedia Localization Improves Your Brand Recognition
Need help ensuring a smooth integration into Asian markets?
Akorbi can help you localize your content to enhance your international growth strategy. Contact Akorbi or call 1-877-4-AKORBI for more details about our language services.