Akorbi Learning Solutions
Akorbi Learning Solutions is a complete global learning solutions provider for corporate and adult education. We offer a broad range of consulting services (software implementation, learning, performance), content development (all mediums from Instructor-Led-Training to Mobile Learning and Sims), and learning/educational software products.
Course Development and Translation Services
- Full course creation, translation and localization end-to-end services (replace all on-screen text, text over images, closed-captioning, voice narration, quizzes and exam).
- Custom course creation: Video, Micro-learning, Responsive design, Mobile-friendly, Gamification, Simulation, Custom interactivity, Branching, Adaptive learning, Voice narration, SCORM/AICC compliant.
- Problem-based, Scenario-based, Simulation-based, Game-based and Role-based designs.
- Course conversion from Instructor-led to Online.
- Blended course development.
- Virtual Instructor-led Training.
- 508 Compliancy where needed.
Learning/Educational Software Products
- Talent management and Learning management systems.
- Off-the-shelf course selection and integration.
- SCORM cloud testing, Course loading and tracking/troubleshooting services.
- Learning strategy, Learning Organizational Development, Pre-Implementation software analysis, Learning value
analysis, Front-end analysis, Governance, Change Management.
Content Development Services
Analysis and Design are the fundamental structures necessary in achieving any learning objectives. A profile of the intended audience, the performance requirements of the course, and the organization’s budget all drive the solution. Whether that solution is delivered via a sophisticated simulation, on a mobile device, on the web, or even as a paper-based job aid, Akorbi will meet and exceed your performance requirements.
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
Learning presentation Engines and Authoring Frameworks
- Content Engines and Frameworks
- Articulate Storyline
- HTML 5, CSS3, Java Script Based
- Flash and XML Based
- Angel Adobe Presenter and Many More
- .Net 4.x
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008
- Zend PHP, JQuery
- Joomla, Drupal
Instructional Design and Development Overview
Online Training (OLT)
Interactivity and media are two essential elements in the development of online training. The instructor’s interaction/presentation in a typical classroom-based learning setting is replaced by the PC, Tablet, or Smartphone, and the interaction and visual elements it provides. The degree and complexity of the interactions and media included in an online course are often directly proportional to the learner’s level of maintained interest and the amount of learning that subsequently occurs. These elements are also directly related to overall cost and development time.
- OLT courses can include a variety of features but generally include the following, at a minimum:
- Customized skin and navigation
- Customized and template interactions and media
- Assessment and review
- SCORM, AICC compliant
- Development available in a variety of tools such as Articulate Storyline, Lectora, Flash, or
HTML 5, but can be developed in almost any tool on the market today
- Deployed using responsive design, on any mobile device
- Designed and developed for “micro-learning” (3-5 minute self-contained learning objects)
Social Learning Platforms
Asynchronous online training also is available and provides a powerful mechanism to reach a distributed learning population while still leveraging the expertise of a skilled instructor, collaborators, and industry experts. Rather than a traditional course, this effort involves the creation of different Communities of Practice, and may either be deployed using open source or commercially available products. This can include:
- Embedded OLT modules
- Threaded discussions
- Chat rooms
- Linked documentation and other resources such as web sites or applications
Instructor-Led Training (ILT)
ILT still remains the most popular delivery modality. Many companies deliver 70% or more of their instructional time in this format. That said, many of today’s ILT courses leverage technology in the classroom and new, innovative teaching techniques to enhance learner retention. Instructor-led courses can therefore vary in scope. One of the primary drivers is whether the ILT training is targeting a face-to-face delivery mode, a virtual web-cast, or both. These factors play into the overall approach, design, and services that may be offered, which can include:
- Custom material design
- Instructor guide
- Student workbook
- Reference cards
- Slide decks
Blended Courseware Development
Blended learning development combines self-paced courseware with instructor-led courses. The content and customer goals help to direct the proper blend of the two. The deliverables for these projects follow combination of the guidelines for e-learning and ILT development along with an overall curriculum map that ties the package together.
Simply put, course ware conversion is the art of transforming an existing course from one format into another. The level of effort for these projects can vary from a simple import to almost a complete re-write of the material. Types of conversions include:
- OLT to SCORM OLT
- ILT or Power Point to OLT/SCORM OLT
- CD ROM to OLT/SCORM OLT
- Video course to OLT