Akorbi Learning Solutions
Akorbi Learning Solutions is a complete global learning solutions provider for corporate and adult education. We offer a broad range of consulting services (software implementation, learning, performance), content development (all mediums from Instructor-Led-Training to Mobile Learning and Sims), and learning/educational software products.
Course Development and Translation Services
- Full course creation, translation and localization end-to-end services (replace all on-screen text, text over images, closed-captioning, voice narration, quizzes and exam).
- Custom course creation: Video, Micro-learning, Responsive design, Mobile-friendly, Gamification, Simulation, Custom interactivity, Branching, Adaptive learning, Voice narration, SCORM/AICC compliant.
- Problem-based, Scenario-based, Simulation-based, Game-based and Role-based designs.
- Course conversion from Instructor-led to Online.
- Blended course development.
- Virtual Instructor-led Training.
- 508 Compliancy where needed.
Learning/Educational Software Products
- Talent management and Learning management systems.
- Off-the-shelf course selection and integration.
- SCORM cloud testing, Course loading and tracking/troubleshooting services.
- Learning strategy, Learning Organizational Development, Pre-Implementation software analysis, Learning value analysis, Front-end analysis, Governance, Change Management.
Akorbi Partners with Vital Learning to Create Award-Winning Online Leadership Development Curriculum
PLANO, Texas – December 15, 2016 – Akorbi is proud to announce that the Leadership Essential’s online curricula, designed and developed for Vital Learning, has earned several awards including: International eLearning Association, “Best Mobile Learning” (GOLD) Stevie Award, “Best New Product: Managerial Training” (GOLD) Omni Awards, “Best Educational Video” (SILVER) Best of Elearning! “Leadership Training” …READ MORE
Only translation, interpretation, contact center and e-Learning provider to be included in prestigious list for 2nd year in a row DALLAS, TX – December 5, 2016 – Akorbi was ranked as the 33rd fastest-growing company in the Dallas area (up 13 spots from its #46 ranking in 2015) at SMU Cox’s 26th Annual Dallas 100 …READ MORE
PLANO, Texas – November 8, 2016 – Akorbi, a leading provider of multilingual business solutions, has been ranked by Inc. magazine as #501 in its prestigious Inc. 5000 list, making it one of the fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. The ranking was based on a remarkable growth rate of 758% from 2012 to 2015. …READ MORE
Plano, TX – Oct. 12, 2016 – Claudia Mirza, CEO and co-founder of Akorbi, received the U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce’s (USHCC) 2016 Businesswoman of the Year Award. Hundreds of Hispanic business, corporate and community leaders from across the U.S. attended the awards’ luncheon, which took place at the USHCC’s National Convention in Miami. Every …READ MORE
WASHINGTON, DC – The United States Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (USHCC) announced today that Claudia Mirza, CEO and Co-Founder of Akorbi, will receive the USHCC’s 2016 Businesswoman of the Year Award at the organization’s National Convention on October 11th in Miami, FL. Read MoreREAD MORE
Content Development Services
Analysis and Design are the fundamental structures necessary in achieving any learning objectives. A profile of the intended audience, the performance requirements of the course, and the organization’s budget all drive the solution. Whether that solution is delivered via a sophisticated simulation, on a mobile device, on the web, or even as a paper-based job aid, Akorbi will meet and exceed your performance requirements.
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Indesign
Learning presentation Engines and Authoring Frameworks
- Content Engines and Frameworks
- Articulate Storyline
- HTML 5, CSS3, Java Script Based
- Flash and XML Based
- Angel Adobe Presenter & Many More
- .Net 4.x
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008
- Zend PHP, JQuery
- Joomla, Drupal
Instructional Design and Development Overview
Online Training (OLT)
Interactivity and media are two essential elements in the development of online training. The instructor’s interaction/presentation in a typical classroom-based learning setting is replaced by the PC, Tablet, or Smartphone, and the interaction and visual elements it provides. The degree and complexity of the interactions and media included in an online course are often directly proportional to the learner’s level of maintained interest and the amount of learning that subsequently occurs. These elements are also directly related to overall cost and development time.
- OLT courses can include a variety of features but generally include the following, at a minimum:
- Customized skin and navigation
- Customized and template interactions and media
- Assessment and review
- SCORM, AICC compliant
- Development available in a variety of tools such as Articulate Storyline, Lectora, Flash, or HTML 5, but can be developed in almost any tool on the market today
- Deployed using responsive design, on any mobile device
- Designed and developed for “micro-learning” (3-5 minute self-contained learning objects)
Social Learning Platforms
Asynchronous online training also is available and provides a powerful mechanism to reach a distributed learning population while still leveraging the expertise of a skilled instructor, collaborators, and industry experts. Rather than a traditional course, this effort involves the creation of different Communities of Practice, and may either be deployed using open source or commercially available products. This can include:
- Embedded OLT modules
- Chat rooms
- Threaded discussions
- Linked documentation and other resources such as web sites or applications
Instructor-Led Training (ILT)
ILT still remains the most popular delivery modality. Many companies deliver 70% or more of their instructional time in this format. That said, many of today’s ILT courses leverage technology in the classroom and new, innovative teaching techniques to enhance learner retention. Instructor-led courses can therefore vary in scope. One of the primary drivers is whether the ILT training is targeting a face-to-face delivery mode, a virtual web-cast, or both. These factors play into the overall approach, design, and services that may be offered, which can include:
- Custom material design
- Reference cards
- Instructor guide
- Slide decks
- Student workbook
Blended Courseware Development
Blended learning development combines self-paced courseware with instructor-led courses. The content and customer goals help to direct the proper blend of the two. The deliverables for these projects follow combination of the guidelines for e-learning and ILT development along with an overall curriculum map that ties the package together.
Courseware Conversions Training (ILT)
Simply put, course ware conversion is the art of transforming an existing course from one format into another. The level of effort for these projects can vary from a simple import to almost a complete re-write of the material. Types of conversions include:
- OLT to SCORM OLT
- CD ROM to OLT/SCORM OLT
- ILT or Power Point to
- Video course to OLT
- OLT/SCORM OLT