Video localization is essential for any organization because it enables companies to expand their reach and be relevant in a specific target market. However, it’s often a challenging endeavor. At Akorbi, we are well-versed in this area of expertise. There are a few best practices to stick to that will help make the process a smoother one. Let’s briefly review.
Related post: How Cultural Influences Can Change Localization Practices
What are the benefits of localizing video transcripts for translation services?
First, why localize video transcripts for translation services?
Delivering content across various locales is challenging, but video marketing is typically a highly effective approach. To achieve the most significant reach possible, companies should ensure that users don’t get lost with content that doesn’t meet their needs.
Localizing video transcripts is a wise business decision because it:
- Expands your business’s reach
- Improves the user experience
- Boosts SEO online
- Provides better learning tools for students
- Is inclusive to the deaf and hard-of-hearing community
Best practices for localizing video transcripts for translation services
If your organization decides to localize its video content, there are several ways you can decrease the burden for translation services (and yourself).
- Consider localization early on: If possible, consider the fact that you’ll be localizing your video content in the future. As you create and produce your content, try to eliminate culturally specific elements. This will make the localization process much more manageable.
- Provide your translation services with all brand information: Things like your company mission, style guides, glossaries of industry-specific terms, and documentation about your organization’s overall philosophy and message will all help translation professionals complete their work efficiently and effectively.
- Tailor your expectations based on the service you choose: Depending on whether you select a voice-over, subtitles, or dubbing, you’ll need to understand the differences between the three. That way, you can correctly anticipate the result.
By following these best practices for localizing video transcripts for translation services, you’ll have a smoother process overall, and you’re more likely to achieve the results you want.
Related post: How Multimedia Localization Improves Your Brand Recognition
Learn more about Akorbi’s translation and localization solutions
Localizing video transcripts for translation services can seem like an overwhelming task, but we can help make the localization process easier. Akorbi is one of the nation’s top language service providers, offering translation and localization solutions tailored to your organization and its needs. Contact Akorbi or call 1-877-4-AKORBI for more details about our language services.