Health Insurance and Medical Translations
Some of the largest health insurance companies in the U.S. rely on Akorbi for medical and health insurance translations that are Medicare and HIPAA compliant. Akorbi is one of the few translation companies in the world that specializes in the translation and localization of health insurance and medical materials, websites and so much more, including:
- Benefit summaries
- Plan handbooks
- HIPAA related translations
- Provider & pharmacy directories
- Certificates of coverage
- Information (CMI) leaflets
- Provider directory
- Consent forms
- Instructions to patients (SIGs)
- Regulatory documents
- Consumer Medication
- IVR scripts
- Medical Claims
- Denial letters
- Patient charts
- Studies and papers
- Discharge information
- Patient education materials
- Summary of benefits
- IVR scripts
- Evidence of Coverage
- Patient information forms
- Explanation of Benefits
- Pharmacy directory
Commitment to Compliance
Akorbi’s commitment to compliance is evident in many ways. For example:
- Our translation team is required to follow a very detailed four page agreement that outlines Medicare Advantage and Medicare Part D terms and conditions.
- We work closely with clients and invest time and resources to coordinate processes and ensure the necessary infrastructure is in place to be a Medicare-compliant vendor.
- Our highly-secure data center supports compliance standards for CMS, HIPAA, Affordable Care Act and other government regulations.
- On a yearly basis, third party auditors and even client auditors survey our workflows and procedures to ensure they are compliant.
- Our team members receive annual training and are required to follow a comprehensive six page HIPAA agreement that outlines specific obligations and activities, such as agreeing to not use or disclose protected health information other than as permitted or required by the agreement or as required by law.
- We ensure 508 compliance with PDF files, websites, multimedia files, Word files, Excel documents and PowerPoint presentations.
- We provide alternate formats to meet compliance requirements such as Braille, large print and audio.
Smart Technology Tools
Akorbi uses technology tools to streamline the translation process and save you time and money, including:
- Automated and web-based content management system tools
- Web-enabled project management tools such as Plunet and LSPWare
- Translation memories, and language glossaries , which can be edited only by Sr. editors assigned to clients
- Proprietary term base, which is developed for each client, used as term bases and shared with clients
- CAT Tools: MemoQ and SDL
- MT Technologies: AsiaOnline
With Akorbi, you can rest assured you’re getting the highest quality translations through our:
- Strict translation, editing and proofreading process
- Native speaking translators of the target language
- Quality assurance process, which includes final proofreading by a native speaker
- Translators who are health insurance and healthcare subject-matter experts
- Proprietary CMS glossaries to ensure precise use of Medicare Advantage and Medicaid terminology
Learn more about Akorbi’s commitment to quality by seeing its numerous certifications at: http://akorbi.com/certifications/
Other Specialized Services
- Akorbi also specializes in large-volume interpretation services (telephonic and in-person), ADA Compliance and e-Learning for the insurance industry.
Let Akorbi Save You Time & Money
Akorbi is one of the most comprehensive language service providers in the world. We’ll help you cut costs by meeting ALL your language needs, including translations, interpretations, multilingual call centers, multilingual professional and technical staffing, eLearning and more. Don’t waste time or money outsourcing to multiple vendors, when you can get all your language needs met in one place for some of the most competitive prices in the industry.