Akorbi has snagged the No. 8 spot on the annual ranking of the fastest growing women-owned or led businesses released by the Women Presidents’ Organization (WPO) and American Express
The list, which is in its tenth year, ranks companies based on both percentage and absolute growth. To qualify, businesses must be privately-held, woman-owned or led, and have reached an annual revenue of at least $500,000 as of Jan. 1, 2012. The 50 companies generated a combined $7.2 billion last year, up from $75 million in 2007, the first year the list was compiled.
Top-ranked Orangetheory is followed by Pinnacle Group, an IT workforce solutions firm based in Dallas, which has remained in the No. 2 spot for the second year in a row. IT services firm Technology Concepts Group International, a newcomer to the list, was ranked No. 3.
Here is the full list of the 50 below:
- Orangetheory Fitness
- Pinnacle Technical Resources
- Technology Concepts Group International
- Morning Sun Financial Services
- Contract Direct
- Xtreme Solutions
- Maximum Games
- Contingent Resource Solutions
- Aden & Anais
- Nugate Group
- Atrium Staffing
- MYCA Material Handling Solutions
- Ivie & Associates
- TKT & Associates, Inc.
- Quality Business Solutions
- Merrimak Capital Company
- BrightStar Franchising
- The Revel Group
- Prim Construction
- CorAnet Corp
- Twelve, Inc.
- CA South
- Chas Roberts A/C & Plumping, Inc.
- Ampcus Inc.
- Schendel Mechanical Contracting Ltd.
- Innovation Office Solutions